DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unrepentant Murder Machine

I am unrepentant murder machine. I eat, drink, and have merriment each day while most of the world starves. I kill the starving with each bite of sumptuous turkey and stuffing.

Christ is life. Anything outside of Christ is death. If Christ is not building life into those around me, what am I building? Death.

If Christ in me is not giving His life through me to others, then Steve in me is taking life from others. If I am not giving life what am I doing? Taking life.

I am also pregnant with Christ. His seed builds a root in my soul that creates, recreates, and generates life in me and to others. From the root grows vines. From the vines hang blood red fruit. From the blood red fruit leaks blood red wine. The wine sparkles with life-giving mercy. To live a life of mercy is to live. . . .period.

Ironically, my murderous death is the passionate testimony to Christ’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment