DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Good and Best

The source of goodness is Jesus. His goodness flows through creation. There are wonderful things in creation. These things are not to be worshiped, they echo from the Creator is worthy of praise.

We go a long ways in explaining our faith when we share temptation through what's good and what's best. Because Christ is in all and above all, he should be honored through each choice we make. Yes, we honor mother and father, but we honor them after we honor Christ. Yes, Zach, you get to snowboard. But, not selfishly, impatiently, and with your own agenda. Zach, don't take this gift and worship it. Snowboarding is good; it's good in the context of worshiping Jesus. It's best that way, Zach, your heavenly Father knows. (because he's SMART!)

As a 'thrill-junky' I get into phases of taking God's designed satisfaction and sapping it, rather than enjoying sustenance from it. It leaves me tired, unfulfilled (duh), and frustrated. It compares back to Sabbath. I'm not supposed to sit on the Sabbath and watch TV and do what I want when I want. We enjoy Sabbath through cultivating and pressing into God.

Through God we have Life!! Why? Because good things are made best through Him. And in the case of a 'thrill-junky' such as myself... good things are Terrible - with a capital T - without the context of seeking and honoring Jesus. And praise be to God that my greatest fear - God's love leaving from me without warning - is 100% impossible. I'm secure. May I respond with gladness, giving thanks to God.

Phil Wickham - Safe

You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

No comments:

Post a Comment