DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Human being

the fourth commandment keeps us from becoming human doings instead of human human beings.

Guilty as charged! This is one thing lately I have been wrestling with. As foundation it is already difficult for me to accept that I have grace and mercy - since I feel like I have to earn them. It's how I was raised! - to earn what I get. So the concept of grace and mercy fights that since I don't earn it at all. But Since I am an "earner" I try to earn a lot! I rat race. I try to be better better! I am so often attempting to be a human doer instead of a human being.

Man I love how God keeps us in check whether we keep ourselves in check or not. And that He truly answers prayer.

Gotta keep taking my self less seriously and others more seriously!

3 comments:

  1. "I try to be better better!"

    I'm right with you on this Trev! We run best off of 6+1, but in our narrow perspective we see the seeming ever-important, overwhelming busy-ness requiring us to live a 7+0 life, if it can be called a life.
    "Be still, and know that I am God
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10

    Oh He will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and BTW, Highway PA this Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the gospels when Folks repent they stop or shabot (not sure of spelling) before Jesus. Maybe shabot/sabbath is the pause needed to have the eyes of my heart lightened. Maybe through shabot I can see where I end and Christ begins in working out salvation, grace, and effort.

    ReplyDelete