DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mmm, dependence on God... Simply Delicious

There is something special about days that I realize my own futility when I try to walk through a day under my own power, and realize I need Yahweh. I most tangibly realized this freshman year of college.

Lord,
Sustain me today, fill my life with yourself today in abundance. But don't allow me to hoard anything for tomorrow. May I consume and be consumed by you today so that I may need another helping tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So true, my friend, so true.

    I was realizing so much this morning how He provides the daily bread of my spiritual sustenance - exactly the strength I need to resist temptation for the day, exactly the willpower to commit to Him.

    Exactly what we need, exactly when we need it.

    ReplyDelete