DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Simply Christian - Never Stop Shining

Do everything without complaining and arguing so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the universe. Philipians 2

The universe rocks to the sound of Christ.
The universe is upheld by the word of Christ.
The universe is eternally invaded by the ever present light of Christ.

In Him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28)

Light judges (hellooo imperfections I didn't see before the light.)
Light connects (imagine group dancing on the roof of a houseboat in utter darkness? Mayhem, pain, chaos.)
Light informs (having light inform the way sure beats groping in darkness for the keys I dropped. Its always a big relief when I discover that the scratching against the kitchen door is Naomi (my cat) trying to get to her cat food.

My hunger for visible light is deep, intense, and ongoing.

My hunger for Christ should be deep, intense, and ongoing.

Father God - deliver me from bondage to the promised land through your pillar of fire. Enlighten me with the light of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment