DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God's inconsistency with our understanding, praise be to Him!

Darrell has now twice reminded us that the 10 words of Yahweh were chiseled some thousands of years ago to "protect and enhance our freedom"! This seems so counter intuitive to how our world appears to work. How can a list of "thou shalt nots" protect and enhance freedom? I had a little internal struggle this morning while listening to Darrell, wondering why God wouldn't just present himself in such a way that He would make sense to those who don't yet know Him. My finite mind deduced that if more people thought that God made sense in their own worldview, more would chose to follow Him. And to the glory of God, I couldn't have been more wrong!
God cannot misrepresent himself. To lower Himself to fit into our understanding would be to fit an infinite God in a finite box, as opposed to the infinite person of Christ. This would be somewhat like trying to explain quantum mechanics in terms of classical physics, it would feel more comfortable, because it's what we know and can wrap our minds around. But, to represent quantum mechanics in this way would be giving such a false representation of what it really is, and nobody would ever truly come to an understanding of how the universe really works. For God to conform to our worldview would entirely corrupt and disrupt His message and none would truly know Him or be in true relationship with Yahweh, the author of quantum mechanics.
Lord,
I don't want to worship anything that is not you as you truly are. Remove and destroy human made idols of you or in place of you in my life, replace them with yourself and your son. Continue to grow in me through your spirit so that I can recognize false representations of you, and so that in my worship I cannot be lead astray.

Let the glory of the Lord, rise among us

1 comment:

  1. E-rock-n-roll! Bro nice post. I echo your prayer for my own life.

    ReplyDelete