DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Kingdom Kids

"Do not complicate the act of prayer - it is so much more straightforward than my people make it out to be."

The gift of Identity reaffirmed here in the Lord's prayer is wonderful news. I think of when Owen prays for Dinner, "Jesus God, thank you...i love Elle..and Mommie..and Daddy..and meatballs but not spicy bbq sauce, AMEN - hey dad you want to play trains after dinner?" He is so sure in His identity as my son, i am His dad. He is still working out who this Jesus-God guy is and why do we talk to Him before we eat, sleep, when we read the bible and so on. "Hey God, you want to play _______ after dinner? Do those thoughts, words, ideas even fly into my brain ever?? God you want to play? Now not to go all Recreation science on you but....PLAY is defined in the RE-CREATION world as spontaneous, unscripted, undefined, activity. Had any of that lately with your Abba? Lets not complicate it! Play with your Abba people!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Reid.

    Your last line: Play with your Abba people, is what I clued in on this morning, as well.

    I was reading about "access" to God on page 105/106 where he points out how unlikely we would be to get an audience of our favorite person (celebrity...etc). I always go back to the thought that if the 49ers showed up at my door and took me to a front row seat of their game (in the 1990's of course) that I would be "the most excited I could ever be." Here I would be given "access" to something I adore.

    Man, we have access to the Father, our Abba, ALL the time! Really, let's not complicate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so perhaps holiness is the activity of perfectly wasted time. Communion then becomes the end with no strings attached. Perhaps a trashed agenda makes your friend or companion purely the prize?

    ReplyDelete