DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 28

"Look into his eyes. Tell him how hard it is to forgive." 57 Words, page 89

What a slap-in-the-face of perspective! He took upon Himself my millions and billions of unique instances of indebtedness. Yet the moment someone wrongs me, owes me, is indebted to me, I think its my turn to become "god." My turn to demand justice, stifle mercy and withhold grace. I know nothing of what it means to be God!

"Now, if 'being God' does not mean 'something to take advantage of' but 'emptying Himself,' can 'being human' mean anything less" It Is Finished, page 79

"Divine equally does not mean 'getting' but 'giving.' It is properly expressed in self-giving love." It Is Finished, page 77

It does not mean getting justice, it means giving mercy and grace. Giving yourself away. For-giving yourself away!

"You are never more like me and my Father than when you forgive."

"Oh King of Glory, grant us the grace to live as gloriously as you!"

Edit: This came on my shuffle, so applicable! Written from the perspective of every person I've refused to forgive. It's called "Forgiven" by Relient K

"You can't see past the blood on my hands
To see that you've been aptly damned
To fail and fail again

Cause we're all guilty of the same things
We think the thoughts whether or not we see them through
And I know that I have been forgiven
And I just hope you can forgive me too
you can forgive me too "

No comments:

Post a Comment