DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Knowing the Father's Love

Yes, Willy J!

It is by knowing this love- a love that penetrates us deeply through and through- that we find our security. And not just security to be, but security to do. Security to reject, trust, and obey.

This takes me back to his chapter on Colossians and the defeat of the powers.

"The powers were created good, but got too big for their boots because we humans allowed them to. On the cross, Christ has defeated these rebel powers, and stripped them of their ultimate power. Now he seeks to reconcile them, to create a new world, ordered by the power of the love of God. That is the context in which the Colossians (us too!) have been set free- free from the powers, and free to follow Jesus."

How deep the Father's love for us!


On a side note: I've missed you guys. I'm back- I never really left, but I'm back posting again. I haven't posted since the second week and there's a part of me that wants to apologize or explain my behavior, but I'm reminded of the prodigal son and am told- stop, Alyssa. Just come home. I love you guys and am blessed to be a part of this journey with you.

Thank you God for making us human, thank you for giving us life an all that it means- for giving us responsibility to think and choose. Grant us the grace to use that responsibility to seek your love, seek self-denile, to know your love, and to act out of answering this love.

1 comment:

  1. That we are secure in His love regardless of our choices is
    1) beautiful
    2) demonstrative of His unconditional love
    3) all we need to remain in His love for the day

    ReplyDelete