DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 26

"In light of that cross we now know that 'wisdom' that does no lead us in the way of the Crucified is ultimately foolishness; we know that 'power' which does not act as the Crucified is ultimately weakness." It is Finished, page 95

My concept of wisdom and power can't comprehend how the servant King died, and simultaneously claimed victory over the powers, with two insurrectionists at His right and left rather than John and James. What?! No!

My concept of wisdom and power rejects dying to myself as the only way to truly live.

My concept of wisdom and power stands higher rather than stoops lower.

Two Switchfoot songs in one day, why not?

"We are a beautiful letdown
Painfully uncool
The church of the drop outs, the losers, the sinners, the failures, and the fools
Oh what a beautiful letdown"

How beautifully did Christ letdown the religious and philosophical mind? Sign-less, cursed, claiming universal relevancy, and suffering as no other god had.

And in this beautiful letdown, "in the foolishness and weakness of the cross, God has done what human wisdom and power could never do."

"Your kingdom come
Won't you let me down
Let my foolish pride
Forever let me down."

Let my religion down. Let my education down. Instead, win me over with your "foolish" and "weak" message of the "foolish" and "weak" God who executed His Holy Wrath against Himself! Who paid the Ransom to set me free! Who suffered separation from Himself that I might not have to! Who is victorious over the powers through death, inviting me to do the same! Who ultimately expressed His divine glory through giving Himself away on the cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment