DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sin has lost its power!

Sin has lost is power,
Death has lost its sting,
At the moment of the cross you've been decisively victorious!

I was so impacted today by the fact that the cross is truly the paradox of paradoxes! On the one hand, it seems so contradictory to have such victory in the midst of crushing defeat, but on the other hand, it makes perfect sense. The more I think about it, the more it's clear that the cross is the only possible way.

I wish I lived in light of the power of the victory of the cross more often. We have freedom from fear! Why don't I act like it? I can just hear Him saying "Oh you of little faith." If only we opened our eyes to see the victory on Friday instead of on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Colossians 2:14 "Having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross."

    "There is no longer any grounds for accusation." It is Finished, page 63

    And yet we live like a Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde combination of the young and old son from Luke 15, neither of which are anchored in this truth. The young fears accusation. The old finds every opportunity to accuse. Both vantage points are without merit when viewed from the victory at the cross! May we work from the victory of the cross, recognizing our ultimate need for a savior that can say with authority that "It is finished!"

    I like your modified version of that song. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The radical disposition of spiritual freedom is a threat to personal safety and welfare. Principalities and powers hate it!

    I feel deeply in my own trek your question, "why don't I act like that?"

    Your question reveals for me to what degree I believe/trust Jesus. Usually not very much. Certainly not enough. I think when it comes to nails and wood I'm more of an Ark (Noah's ark) project than a cross. I should be a cross project but I'm such a wuss I force the steadfast love and patience of the creator to watch me in faith, nail by nail build an ark. It's pathetic. I know. But, shamefully, its true.

    ReplyDelete