DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 18

"The Father's will is that we be filled with his life. The will of God, the good pleasure of God, is that his very life be in us." - 57 Words, page 61

Like Trevor posted below, we need His ways. So true! His way, His culture, His will is freedom and life, our way, our culture, our will is slavery and death.

I saw video today of a currently unreleased song by Switchfoot called "Thrive." Here's the chorus:

No I'm not alright
I know that I'm not right
A steering wheel doesn't mean I can drive
A warm body doesn't mean I'm alive

No I'm not alright
I know that I'm not right
Feel like I travel but I never arrive
I wanna thrive, not just survive"

God, may we not be easily pleased. Instead, may we thrive.
Thrive in being as creative as You.
Thrive in being blessed by You and then blessing others.
Thrive in freedom.
Thrive in the Law.
Thrive in knowing You.
Thrive in Your life.
Thrive in Your Son.
Thrive in the Creator.
Thrive in You.

1 comment:

  1. So great. I had some of the same thoughts from Chapter 5 of Simply Christian where he writes about the beauty of sunsets and butterflies as elusive. How as soon as we put in the pin or snap the shutter we realize that what we were experiencing, the beauty of the moment, the beauty of the creation, was actually the beauty of the creator. As I'm called today (like everyday) to abide, or thrive, I hope you guys will join me as I shift my perspective from the worldly creation to our heavenly creator.

    ReplyDelete