DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lordship=Foot Washing

Jesus did not begrudgingly take on the form of a doulos (slave), it is the natural expression of His lordship. My spirit testifies that this is true, and that our response follows suit. Below is the beginning of a prayer I journaled just before this last summer began, it acts for me as a reminder of what the natural position of our heart is.

5/28

"Lord,
I truly praise you for the opportunity of service you've given me here. Every time I surrender myself for your kingdom in service, I find myself feeling more fulfilled, encouraged, compelled, loved, and accepted. May I never forget what service and sacrifice feels like, may I never walk away from a heart that desires to release my own desires and replace them with your own... "


1 comment:

  1. "May I never forget what service and sacrifice feels like..."

    Amen. Thank you for sharing your journal entries brother, very insightful.

    ReplyDelete