DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 5

I've been reading a lot on "social justice" and "incarnational ministry." And it's been good, I've learned so much about Christ's heart for the poor, the broken, the outcasts of society. But, as Friday's reading noted that this world is becoming a lot of "Jihad vs. McWorld," in many ways I've simply shifted from irresponsible materialism to raging religious fundamentalism. Too often I'm like the pharisee in Luke 18, thanking God that I've been "enlightened" by these books and I'm not like the "tax collectors" I see all around me. In reality, all I've managed to do is put another coat of paint on my black heart. Under this new layer is still that worshiper of money, comfort and self.

Your will, Father, be done! Do it! I cannot do it. All of human history has proven that I cannot do it.

And thank You for loving me. Despite every mask I put on, thank You for loving me. The broken, unworthy, deserving eternal separation from You, selfish, religious, prideful, crippled, blind, deaf, mute, loudmouthed me. Thank You for loving, finding, hearing, healing, and saving me.

1 comment:

  1. I love your example "all of human history has proven that I cannot do it." I'm all about justice, I just want to make sure that my activities are inspired and punctuated by Christ's heart and not my own efforts. Blessings. I think I need to spend more time at His feet in adoration. I need to ingest more of His light and life. I need to be a little more drunk with His ocean of love. Glad He's patient. Glad He can pull it off and recreate me.

    ReplyDelete