DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 8

Going back a few days...

"You are mine for two reasons: I made you and now I have bought you." -It is Finished, Page 38

And from Luke 15, the Father has made us, and bought us back, giving us the best robe, fattened calf, a ring, sandals and celebration feast!

Also...

"I am worth Him becoming my filthy sin." - It is Finished, Page 36

And again from Luke 15, the Father RUNS to me to head off those that would heckle and abuse me for what I have done. He lifts up His robes and RUNS to me, THROWING His arms around me, KISSING me, thereby taking all my shame upon Himself.

"You welcomed outcasts, you healed the sick, you reconciled the estranged. O Father, make real all of this now in our century as you did in the first century. Enhance your reputation as the one who puts broken people back together again." - 57 Words, Page 37

What a reputation! May your reputation as the One who welcomes outcasts and eats with them be so real in my life. May I not attempt to get to part 3 of my speech and, in doing so, try to earn my way back into Your household. May I simply come home, where You welcome me with open arms. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Corsetto - i am the master of part 3 of the speech but He won't hear it. He can't hear it! All He hears is the cry from the cross.."IT IS FINISHED"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother,
    You are right! What a reputation. Unbelievable is the extent with which we are loved. It is so far and beyond imagination! I know I struggle with ditching what I do not understand. But for this, I hope I can continue to consider it like I view a sunset/sunrise (even though it far exceeds that phenomena). The skyline is a vast beauty and when I look away I'm missing out on something incredible, just like when I avoid contemplating the cross!

    ReplyDelete