DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prayer

Not quite along with the books or sermons but a question I heard we all need to ask?

What would you say when you first actually see God?

What would the first words out of your mouth be?

Now in consideration, aren't we really seeing God when we pray? So what would we say when we see Goad as we pray? Think of all the images given to us by John, Moses, whoever.

For me I realize I'd be much more speechless. To see the God that everyone thought they should be dead by seeing is a much huger deal obviously! With that... It's so hard to picture THAT God as the same God who is this prodigal's father. So much of it doesn't align with how I, we, anyone knows things to be or is supposed to be. That's when I realize it's Jesus culture that makes is the way it is. Yes it is foreign but it is totally God's nature.

Jesus culture! Something I need more of to change my own culture and lifestyle. I need His aboriginee ways. His raw natural everythingness that fills and is beyond all culture sense of this world.

1 comment:

  1. I Like the references to raw nature and aborigines. The barbarians I believe earned their title because the Roman's thought their speech sounded like ba-ba-ba-ba. I've always seen Jesus as a love barbarian. His love is so pure & so raw that it comes across as a foreign language. I judge it as strange or peculiar when in reality it is judging me.

    ReplyDelete