DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 1

"God's holiness demanded a sacrifice; God's love provided it" -It is Finished, Page 23

This blows my mind. Like he says later on, He experienced His own wrath! A wrath that seeks to "burn away all that is not holy." And how much was there to burn away? The cup would be enough if it was just my sin and wretchedness, but the whole history of human unholiness? Past, present and future? Crazy!

Reminds of lyrics from the song "Magnetic" by Sanctus Real
"You don't make me love you
I just can't deny"

How could I deny a love like that? Somehow, I manage to find a way.

Great first day, stay salty!

-Mike

1 comment:

  1. I think my whole sin problem is creating a fake life by denying the LOVE with all kinds of ways instead of receiving the LOVE from THE WAY.

    ReplyDelete