DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Each time gets better

This is the third time I've read this. And I keep finding new things. I keep learning. This prayer is timeless. Three things stuck out to me.

One: "that God is granting us the unspeakable privilege of partnering with Him in fulfilling His purposes in the world" Two: "the Lord's Prayer also gives us a very helpful outline for discipling one another into maturity in Christ." Three: Jesus calls us to follow him into his understanding of the "Father".

What a joy it has been to see God move time and time again and be faithful and answer prayer. The book even states that the prayer is great for discipleship. The prayer talks about forgiving, so we get that we are designed to be in community and spur one another on. And lastly, Jesus calls us to follow him into his understanding of the "Father" I had a great father, but I think it's only a taste of what Jesus' understanding of his Father is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment