DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My own Inhumanity

Paraphrasing:

Unresolved anger is inhumanity. How are we deal with it? We deal with it.

Unresolved anger turns into a cesspool of poison, which leads to casual sarcasm and insulting remarks...Our hearts will turn into a reservoir of bitterness and resentment.

4 ways to help: admit, confess, forgive/pray for grace - decide!, reach out to reconcile.

I like how he discusses the details of a topic I so often ignore. This is something I need to be accountable with a lot more often. All to often, I struggle with harboring this bitterness and resentment over frustration. This frustration originates from the hurt brought on from my family and namely those who have been abusive or absent. I view this, and desire so strongly to not hold resentment and hatred. So what do I do? I use all my strength to defend against this reservoir. In other words, I claim it to be manageable on my own and belittle the importance of admitting my ways, confessing them to our Lord, seeking the grace to forgive and deciding to forgive, and reaching out to reconcile and connect once again. I make small strides on my own strength, but through Christ I can find freedom of these pains. He wants freedom. What the heck am I doing choosing bondage in resentment toward my family? I pray each of us allow God to work and love us in the midst of our most terrible confessions; such as bitterness toward beloved children of his. Often I conclude that there is no way to reconcile these things. May Christ increase my faith and humility! In his precious Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post and prayer that I allow God to work in yuck.

    ReplyDelete