DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Monday, December 6, 2010

The hope in renewal

The hope in renewal, which is granted from the resurrection of our Lord brings me to my knees in worship of God. I grew up without any idea of this precious gift. For three-fourths of my life, there was none of this hope. Each idea, success and failure, relationship would amount to nothing, as I did not see God in anything.

In contemplating the glorious collision of heaven and earth, I find my heart crying out for those who feel as I once felt. I become 'fussy', like a child who wants something so badly but cannot do anything to get it, when considering those who don't know him. I get riled up on it. And then I'd shut down out of hopelessness... until recently. By His grace we co-labor with him to bring his kingdom of renewal and Life. I'm pumped on this and once again brought to my knees in prayer and worship of the one who is so faithful: the one who promised the world's salvation through a broken Israel, and delivered us in a mysterious and beautiful way - through the incarnate Son on the cross. Praise be to the one who is faithful, the one who beckons his children wherever they are and gives hope to those are lost and simply need to come home (Luke 15).

I am reminded of the song "Only You" from this idea of renewal, because I don't deserve it. It brings me to my knees - it brings creation to its knees in worship.

Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting go
I lift it up to You who’s throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
Be all my delights, be my everything

And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now

You should see the view
When it’s only You

1 comment: