DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

God's Breath of Life

"God doesn't give people the Holy Spirit in order to let them enjoy the spiritual equivalent of a day at Disneyland...But the point of the Spirit is to enable those who follow Jesus to take into all the world news that he is Lord, and that he has won the victory over the forces of evil, that a new world has opened up, and that we are to help make it happen."

Oh, how I love this. My view becomes narrow when I get discouraged and solely ask for the Spirit to take me to Disneyland. If only I would see a piece of God's greater purpose to relocate his Temple into my flesh and what that means! What a gift to be bearers of good news. I have been thinking about this a lot and praying for chances to share this good news. And my hope is that I don't only explain the Disneyland feeling - which does exist to this day for me, as compared to when I did not know or follow Jesus and was not filled with joy. My hope is that I am wise in the way I act toward outsiders; making the most of every opportunity (Col 4:5), so that I am presenting the main point of the Spirit; to proclaim Jesus is Lord, having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross (Col 2:15), and that we have been given new Life to share with others.

And in all truth, it is blowing my mind to contemplate God's grace and love in dwelling among us (Jesus) and in us (Spirit). Oh, how he loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment