DISCIPLESHIP 101

This blog is designed to be a place where we can encourage and challenge one another as we follow the risen Lord Jesus together!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 38: Renew My Mind

While I was reading "The Mind Renewed" and the healing of Namaan, this worship song just kept ringing through my mind:

So give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh give us clean hands
and give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Oh God let this be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob

A relationship with God is always moving. I can only keep moving forward or taking steps back. I'll always either be letting him fill me or blocking and draining him out. Which will I choose to do in every waking hour? Sadly, not always the former.

One thing I can be sure of is that while I live this life on this Earth, compromise will hound my relationship with Jesus, and will bite me from time to time. Reality bites. Good news is, like NT writes, God can and will pardon me. If I recognize that and pray for it from my heart again and again, he will help me back up and then REMOVE the compromises bit by bit. A constant renewal of the mind: he's constantly cleaning my hands and purifying my heart as he sets up Ben's Mind from 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0 and so forth, as long as I keep asking him to! Amazing.


Lord, let me not be satisfied with being half-full, and may I never reject your renewal. Overflow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment